Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pre-Writing Assignment

Marlin: Hey Christina!
Me: Hi Marlin how's it going?
Marlin: Pretty good. Now I remember there was something you wanted to ask me. What was it again?
Me: Hmm....oh yeah! I wanted to ask you if you had any advice, helpful hints, or ideas for a dialogue I could write between a family member and I?
Marlin: Yes, of course. There are some conversations between you and your mom that I am fond of. You could write about that one time when you were sitting by the fire and your mom told you about her past; her many boyfriends, her college life, how she became who she is today, etc. What about that?
Me: That's a great idea! Except I think I need some more to think about.
Marlin: There are so many conversations you've had with your sisters. For starters, remember that time when Mary "accidentally" pushed you in the lake with all of your clothes on?
Me: Yes! That was terrible.
Marlin: Or just recently when you were having a tough time and Katharine was there for you conforting you, giving you great advice, and you two were having a deep converstaion about life?
Me: Yes, I remember that too. Well, thank you so much Marlin now I have a lot of ideas to choose from!
Marlin: No problem.

1 comment:

Mr. Cheng said...

Nice job, Christina!