Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer #6

I was reading today and yesterday in my book, and it made me realize how I am actually suddenly feeling bad for Jacob. As much as he wants to stay away from Bella, he honestly can't. He loves her too much to just let her free from his life, so he is holding on by a thin rope. When Jacob and a member of his pack, Leah, are talking, she understands what he's going through and she says, "I know it's going to be bad for you, Jacob. I understand that-maybe better than you think. I don't like her, but...she's your Sam. She's everything you want and everything you can't have." (Meyer 315). In these short sentences, Jacob gets a wake up call. He couldn't even answer her, he was so stunned by how true that statement was. He is also amazed by how much he is beginning to like Leah. How he can actually stand being around her for once. Does this mean anything, though? Will something spark between Jacob and Leah? It seems hard to believe considering they are both in love with people that have feelings for someone else. They both were left in the dust to turn crippled from their own defeated thoughts. I think it will be hard, but Jacob really needs to get over Bella and start thinking about his own life because if he doesn't, he will just be left with pain and sorrow for years to come.

No comments: