Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Poems

Limmericks

A: Snowflakes falling slowly from the sky
A: Winter arrives as autumn says "bye"
B: Blissful air fill sthe fresh cold air
B: Chilly winds creep through my tied up hair
A: Snowflakes falling slowly from the sky

A: Bright lights shining the nerves on my face
A: I hope I'm not a complete disgrace
B: Wondering how the crowd feels about my speech
B: My face turns from tomatoe to peach
A: As it comes to an end a smile sneaks on my face

All lines rhyme

Remember the day when we discovered the tree?
The freedom we found, so filled with glee?
I can recall on every detail right down to the T
Happiness flowing strongly through me
The air was cold and fresh as could be
How could I live if there wasn't a "we?"
I will never forget the first sight of the tree
Only because it was the start of you and me

Free Verse

High in the sky
Above the clouds
Fluffy and mesmorizing
Strikingly white
Drifting away
High in the sky

Freedom falling fiercly
Silly songbirds sing
Weightless watchful wonder
Lifting luscious lights
Cold corrupt cries

4 comments:

dori07 said...

Nice! I like the snow one!

gg said...

I like how you express your emotions in your peomes

Asian08 said...

Christina, these Limmericks are really good (: the rewrites seem to follow with the original, almost making it seem like a Part 2. ^^

Olivia said...

tina--I like the one about the tree. You put some thought into it!
Olivia